President, Board, and Members
(Ryerson students/staff/alumni are underlined.)
- Joyce Fu, Student President
- Julian Del Bel Belluz, Student Vice President
- Theresa Adams, Member at Large
- Gillian Arnold, Fundraising
- William Berinati, Recruitment & Communication
- Gale Bildfell, Fundraising
- Eleanor Bishop, Member at Large & Section Helper
- Claire Brascoupé, Website Manager
- Vicky Burrus, Sales & Marketing
- Jason Dasco, Stage Manager & Interim Treasurer
- William Lee, Member at Large, Section Helpher
- Freya Godard, Programmes and Editing
- Jennifer Gordon, Team Lead
- Matthew Jaskiewicz, Music Director
- Margrit Lee, Member at Large
- Joshua Silver, Member at Large
- Tami Strong, Librarian & Administration
- Annick Tonet-Tyers, Secretary
Our first practice of the season will be held on Monday January 6th, 2020, with registration starting at 6pm. Regular rehearsals are held on Mondays from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. For a full list of our spring rehearsals and important dates click here.
The choir rehearses in Oakham Lounge, which is on the 2nd floor of Oakham House. Oakham House is at 63 Gould Street, on the southwest corner of Church and Gould.
Want more information? Please contact us at email@example.com (preferred) or call Matthew Jaskiewicz, our Choir Director, at 416-763-8746.
See our attached Registration Form
Do I need to have a trained voice?
Although experience reading music and singing in a choir is a major asset, Ryerson students, alumni, and current and retired staff and faculty are welcome as long as they can sing in tune and hold the tune against other harmonizing voices. Regular attendance at rehearsals is necessary. We promise you that your voice will improve.
We expect that we will have some space for new members in January 2020. Preference will be given to experienced choristers who can read music. New members will be asked to sing for the Director.
Do I need to be associated with Ryerson?
No. Many members of the choir are Ryerson students, alumni or faculty members, but community members are also very welcome in the choir. New community members interested in joining the choir should contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make sure that we have room.
Do I have to audition?
The Director will want to hear you sing some simple exercises to place you as a soprano, an alto, a tenor or a bass. Non-Ryerson community members will be asked to audition.
Does it cost anything to join?
No, not if you are a registered Ryerson student – you have contributed to Oakham House through your fees and there is no charge. Ryerson Alumni, Faculty and staff pay a fee of $10/season and persons from outside Ryerson community, however, pay a fee of about $100 per semester, which goes towards concert costs. Music costs are an extra $20 (for students) and $35 (for other members) per term, depending on the repertoire. Music is sold at rehearsals.